The Spencer Hotel & Spa, a 24 room literary themed hotel located in historic Chautauqua Institution, is now taking applications for the Chautauqua Institution Summer Season 2016, which runs from June 25 through August 26, 2016. The training start date is flexible, and could start in May or June for the right candidate, depending on your schedule. Although this is a summer position, successful candidates may be offered the opportunity to stay on full-time.
This position is ideal for college students or recent college graduates who are interested in working in and learning about the hospitality industry, and/or would like to gain sales and customer service experience, while working in a beautiful, historic setting within the Chautauqua Institution.
The positions will report to our General Manager and involve front-of-house responsibilities. This includes answering the phone, booking reservations, guest check-in / check-out, room checks, guest reception and relations, providing concierge services, assisting in food service, and assisting in other hotel functions as needed.
This position will heavily involve sales and marketing of the facility for week-long guests stays, including speaking with current 2016 guests during their stay regarding making reservations for the 2017 Chautauqua Season, as well as showing the hotel and rooms to guests during the Spencer Hotel open houses every Saturday during the summer season.
The ideal candidate:
- A current college or graduate student, studying hotel management, sales or marketing, or a recent graduate
- Possesses excellent verbal, written, and creative, communication skills
- Works well with others and is willing to “roll up your sleeves” and do what it takes to help the hotel run efficiently and smoothly
- Has a passion to provide guests exceptional customer service
Duties will include:
- Greeting guests and completing established check-in procedures for arriving guests.
- Ensuring guests are satisfied with their rooms and respond promptly to guest requests.
- Facilitate guest departure (check-out) by following established procedures to close guest accounts and open rooms for the next guest.
- Answer inquiries and makes reservations; accurately communicating hotel rates and possessing detailed knowledge of amenities and uniqueness of each of our rooms and room types. Use effective selling skills to sell room nights, increase occupancy and revenue.
- Print the daily housekeeping report every morning, checking it for accuracy regarding guest arrivals, departures, and stay overs.
- Selling weeks for the coming 2017 Chautauqua summer season and booking groups for Spencer season (Fall through Spring).
- Maintain an accurate front desk log during your shift so that management and other staff are kept informed of timely and important information constant contact with guests and prospects.
Please visit the Spencer website to learn additional information about our boutique hotel: www.thespencer.com.
Interested Candidates should send a resume accompanied by 3 professional references via email to email@example.com to the attention of the General Manager.