Technical Support Specialist - Description
TECHNICAL SUPPORT SPECIALIST
One Step Retail Solutions has an immediate opening for an experienced Technical Support Specialist who has great affinity for Hardware and Software Technology, a good understanding of Retail Operations and, most importantly, loves helping their customers!
The Technical Support Specialist is the liaison between One Step Retail Solutions and our customers in providing product support and assistance for POS Software/Hardware. Our Technical Support Specialists impart their knowledge to the customer and help them resolve their issues, answer their questions, and offer them options on the use of these products.
1. Provide phone-based technical support for customers and internal employees.
2. Identify and resolve customer application issues.
3. Assist the Implementation Team with installation activities.
4. Manage client accounts as assigned, ensuring customer satisfaction with our products and with One Step Retail Solutions as a company.
5. Assist the Programming Team in understanding customer requests and in testing customer modifications and new software releases.
6. Handle installations and troubleshooting support requests, including, but not limited to the following:
a) Windows 2000/XP/2003/2008 Platforms
b) Windows NT/2000/XP/2003/2008/7/8 Services
c) LAN/WAN Systems (including VPN’s)
d) Firewalls, routers, hubs, and switches
7. Handle Software installs and Hardware assembly, installs, testing, and repairs (onsite and remotely), including but not limited to the following:
a) Software: Retail Pro, CounterPoint, Ancillary Products, MS Office, Utilities, and EFT.
b) Hardware: Physical Inventory scanners, Cameras, and Surveillance Systems.
8. Ensure full network configuration, workstation set-up, adding users, configuring RAS, TCP/IP, and printing environments.
9. Maintain any and all Software credentials (such as Retail Pro/CounterPoint Certifications).
10. Report any software bugs.
11. Ensure accurate Policy & Procedure documentation and completion of all necessary administrative tasks for customer service applications as needed.
1. 2+ years Help Desk experience required.
2. 1-2 years (minimum) experience installing, configuring, and troubleshooting Windows networks.
3. 1-2 years (minimum) experience installing, configuring, and troubleshooting routers, hubs, and switches.
4. Experience with installation of at least one (1) VPN between two locations.
5. Strong working knowledge of DOS, Windows 95/98, Windows NT, Windows 2000 and Windows XP.
6. A+ Certification.
7. High aptitude and patience in working with a varying degree of experienced and inexperienced people.
8. Excellent communication skills and problem solving skills (knowing what is relevant and what is not relevant to solving a problem).
9. Customer-centric focused with a strong desire to help others.
10. High degree of reliability, responsibility, and professionalism.
11. The ability to multi-task.
We offer a very exciting corporate atmosphere that is also fun and relaxed. There is great potential for growth in an ever-expanding industry. Full-time employees receive a comprehensive benefits package, which includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Life Insurance, and Aflac Coverage.
One Step Retail Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About One Step Retail Solutions
With headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona, and offices in California and New York, One Step Retail has been servicing mid-size retailers for over 28 years as one of the leading Point-of-Sale and Inventory Control Software service providers in our industry. As a value-added-reseller, we provide our clients with easy to use retail software solutions that are designed to help our customers be in total control. We offer the technology that addresses different needs across different retail markets and industries that enable retailers to improve their inventory, sales and overall their bottom line.
A few of our high-profile retail clients include: Arizona Diamondbacks, LA Dodgers, MGM, Oakley, Jimmy Choo, Valentino, Staples Center, Fred Segal, Sony, and many more. To learn more about One Step Retail Solutions and our products, visit us online at http://onestepretail.com